Share Hartland Artifacts Responsibly for Everyone
Some areas where we need your help to SHARE:
- People to take photos and write a transcription of gravestones for the cemetery section of our web site.
We'll provide a list and maps and instructions.
- People to write articles for the newsletter (and web site). Maybe you have a story to SHARE about one of your
Hartland ancestors, or your house, or an artifact you have.
- Someone to help with publicity for our events.
- Old photos and paintings: We can scan or photograph your old photos and paintings, doing no damage, and return them to
you the same day if you are willing to SHARE. We can also work from 35mm negatives and 35mm slides, although we'd need them long
enough to send to our volunteer in NC. If you have duplicate photographs laying around -
like 4th of July parades, scouting events, school programs etc., why not donate the duplicates to the Society.
They do not have to be old; someday they will be history and it is nice to preserve and share them.
- Someone to do some data entry for the genealogy bits and pieces that we find and are trying to get into our database
so they can be searched easily instead of someone trying to remember where they saw that name before.
- People who would like to familiarize themselves with the archives and who would like to help organize things while keeping the
building manned on days it is open to the public.
- People with ideas of what they'd like us to have for programs and people who would be willing to SHARE a talent - just ask.
Please contact one of the
We'll find a use for your skill!
The Hartland Historical Society is its members and volunteers. Your support in sharing your time, skill, knowledge, and
enthusiasm is what makes the Society work.